Life between winter and spring

This time of year is a weird transition for me, going from having two sports going on to having three sports. Some students play multiple sports, while others continue with only one. The end of winter is not fun because most sports struggle to get outside because of how cold it is. outside. Track and golf starts before Spring Break while soccer and golf starts after. Soccer had 6 practices before the first game. Boys and girls track had a few indoor track meets before and during Spring Break.

The athletes that do dual multiple sports have to set up a schedule so they can practice and know what to do when there is a conflict of having two events on the same day. Some students will choose to have one priority sport and others will pick and choose which events they want to go to depending on conference meets and location. 

After Spring Break students are ready to be out of school, so everyone’s mood tends to have less energy and people look a lot more tired. School to everyone just seems so dreaded after we come back from break. Teachers are always trying to give a bunch of homework. Like we remember everything we learned before we left on vacation? half the school went on a vacation. I don’t know why but math teachers give us a test a few days after we come back to school, causing many students to have to retake the test.

Spring Break is always a highlight of the time in between winter and spring because you don’t have to worry about doing anything for school, unless a teacher decides they want to make your Spring Break less fun. Some students go on vacations with their families, some go with friends. Here most go out of state for their vacation because it is still cold outside here, but some stay here in Iowa or in the Midwest. 

I went on a vacation with some of my friends up to Decorah Iowa for a fishing trip. We stayed in an Airbnb, splitting the cost between the four of us. We would go out and fish streams during the day and at night we would play games, go out to eat, and drive around to look at the cool scenery. I’ve never been to northern Iowa before and I thought it would look the same as the rest of Iowa, but I was mistaken. The hills and streams add such a cool look to the land. There were also a lot of animals up there which was cool to see, which as here we don’t see that many animals at this time of year. Decorah, Iowa is definitely a place I will go to again to fish and to just go out to have a good time with and to see the great scenery.