Spooky Season = Best Season

I have always had an intense love of Halloween. The holiday was always the highlight of my year, and I continue to love every aspect of it even now. Every year I was so excited to figure out my costume for the year with my mom. As a little kid, I thought my mom was the coolest mom ever because she was able to make me such unique costumes, my personal favorites being my Annie costume and my sister’s ant at a picnic costume. Even to this day, I love seeing creative Halloween costumes and always look forward to seeing what celebrities and my friends dress up as. Trick-or-treating is one of my favorite childhood memories, and I look forward to eventually dressing up my future kids in cute costumes and taking them trick-or-treating when I’m an adult.
One of my absolute favorite things to do during the Halloween season is go to the pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins afterward. My personal favorite pumpkin patch in Iowa is Center Grove, and I try to make it at least once every year. From the variety of apple-inspired foods to the baby goat feeding, it’s always a memorable trip. Every time I go I make sure to get the perfect pumpkin, and I usually end up carving it that night.
Watching my favorite Halloween movies is a must while carving pumpkins. My top picks of Halloween movies are Coraline and Hocus Pocus. When I was little I would rewatch Hocus Pocus over and over again for the entire month of October. I personally find that Halloween movies are much better than the more popularly talked about Christmas movies. I am aware that this is quite an unpopular opinion, but I much prefer Halloween festivities over any other holiday. I find that Christmas and Thanksgiving are just very repetitive in the ways they are celebrated. Don’t get me wrong I love spending time with my family celebrating our yearly traditions, but at times these holidays can just get a little boring. Halloween is different in some aspects every single year and stage of life because we celebrate it differently as we get older. From trick or treating as kids, to Halloween parties as young adults, to celebrating with your kids or grandkids, Halloween has something fun for every age group. That is why I think Halloween is the most universally fun holiday, and it will always be my personal favorite.