Mustang Baseball Season Predictions

Mustang Baseball Season Predictions

PCM High School baseball season has started. The first official day of practice was on Monday, April 29. Last year the Mustangs were 13-15 overall and 9-5 in the Heart of Iowa Conference. The team had 5 seniors that graduated last year and will have to find new leadership for this season. “I think this season will be great although the seniors will be missed, most of us have started since sophomore year and we will be able to pass a lot of knowledge down,” said Gabe Hobbs.The Mustangs have six seniors, four juniors, and four sophomores on the varsity roster. 

The team’s best overall batting average last year was .330 from senior Easton Webb and senior Nick Farver right behind him with a .326. “I think the season will go really good and I am looking forward to being able to play with my friends one more year,” said Webb.

The Mustangs pitching core is looking strong this year with Farver returning with a team low ERA of 3.05 and 56 strike outs and junior Trenner VanDyke also returning with an ERA of 3.29 right behind Farver with a total of 67 strike outs. “I feel good about this year. I am looking forward to playing with the team and I need to work on my off speed pitches,” said VanDyke.

The Mustangs will be at home for their first game of the season on May 16, against Newton.