PCM Senior Mark Bussan Verbally commits to North Dakota

UND Athletics

PCM senior Mark Bussan has been making a name for himself and getting attention from colleges for his outstanding skills in the sport of football. Some of the bigger colleges looking into Bussan’s future are Wisconsin, Iowa, Iowa State, and North Dakota. Bussan said this summer he went and visited these schools to see which one fit him best. 

“The schools I’ve visited the most are Iowa, Iowa State, and North Dakota,” Bussan said.

This summer Bussan made his decision to where he’s going to further his football career. He has committed to the University of North Dakota. 

“I like the environment there and when visiting North Dakota I felt more at home. I felt more welcomed” Bussan said. “Everything is new there. They are building brand new dorm buildings, apartment buildings, and a brand new sports complex for the football team so everything is all nice.”

The recruiting process with the University of North Dakota for Bussan started his Sophomore year by going to football camps during the summer. During his junior year summer leading up to his senior year, he went to more camps and was recognized by other schools. This is the summer that Bussan started going on college visits. Coaches are in contact with him regularly. After his visit to North Dakota that is when the whole recruiting process ended and made his decision that he wanted to go to school there. 

Bussan’s goals for college are to graduate with a mechanical engineering degree or aerospace engineering degree. His goal for football in college is to play for four years and win games for the Fighting Hawks. 

The North Dakota Fighting Hawks are a division one college team and play in the Missouri Valley conference led by coach, Bubba Scheighert. This will be his 10th season with the Fighting Hawks. Their rival school is North Dakota State. The Fighting Hawks are currently two and two on the season and zero and one in the conference. Next year they will be traveling to Ames, Iowa to play the Iowa State Cyclones.