Roadhouse Review

Roadhouse+Review

Roadhouse is a new movie coming onto the scene with main characters Jake Gyllenhaal and Connor McGregor. The movie is an action film based on a past UFC fighter who was kicked out of the fighting world for killing one of his opponents who was actually one of his good friends because he would not stop beating on him. Gyllenhaal plays the main character in the movie that goes by the name Dalton and McGregor plays one of the other main characters, Knox. On top of those main characters, one of the other main roles is Ben Bracht played by Billy Magnussen. He is the “bag guy” of the movie that is running his fathers empire while he is in prison. Gyllenhaal and MeGregor had been posting on their instagram feeds during the production of the film and both of them had complete body transformations for the film. Gyllenhaal who has been known to be one of the hardest working actors around looked very ripped for the movie but McGregor who is usually very lightweight for all of his actual UFC fights put on a lot of muscle to try and look as big as possible. There were a lot of rumors going around that Connor was on steroids to put on weight for the movie but he denied all of these allegations. This film was very highly anticipated and after reading some reviews it has seemed to live up to the hype. My opinion on the film is that it is very well put together and with it being very publicized it lived up to the expectations. The storyline of the movie was very easy to follow, and you could put together how everyone fit into the story quite easily as well. The action scenes seemed very real, it was like you were watching a real fight going on. Gyllenhaal even said in an interview that he took a punch from McGregor when they were talking about how to make it look as real as possible for the film so that just tells you how dedicated they were to making it look as real as they possibly could. The special effects like explosions and crashes also looked very real so that made it even more exciting to see. Connor McGregor who at the time before the production of Roadhouse, had no acting experience, was very surprising in the film. He killed it! Connor made it look like he had been doing the acting things for years. He played the role of Knox very well because how that character acts is a very close resemblance to Connor’s real life character. Very high strung and all over the place, ready for a fight at all times. The same goes for Gyllenhaal, his character was very laid back but could do some serious damage if needed which is very similar to how Jake is in real life outside of the film world. Overall the film was a great success and has over 50 million views of Prime TV already. The projected box office sales would be $150 million which is absolutely absurd considering the budget for the production was $85 million to go straight to streaming. This is a great movie if you are interested in action and love the fight world. I highly suggest anyone who likes action to watch it and write a review when you’re finished because I really liked it and think if you enjoy action films, you will too.