Mustangs pummel their homecoming opponent

by Brady Fagen

On Sept. 30 PCM held their homecoming game against the Chariton Chargers. Both teams fought hard, but one fought the hardest. The PCM Mustangs came out on top, beating the Chargers 49-0. The Mustangs now have a record of 5-1.

The start of the game was exciting when the Mustangs scored within the first 25 seconds of the game, putting PCM on the board with a score of 7-0. The Mustangs continued to score and score again. By the half it was  42-0.

“We all worked together pretty well. The coaches pushed us hard all week, and we have one of the closest teams. We had a good game plan and came out and executed well,” senior Leevi Telfer said.unnamed-3.jpg

The second half was slow until senior James Snodgrass, who is usually on the defensive line, came out on offense and ran the ball into the end zone. That touchdown put the Mustangs up 49-0. The game ended, but the energy did not. The football players, as well as the fans were happy for the homecoming win.

“It went really well. I think we came out with good focus and good energy, despite it being homecoming week, which always kind of scares me a lunnamed-4.jpgittle bit. Our guys came out tonight, and I could tell in pre-game that they were really ready to go. They were flying around playing fast. We got some injuries tonight, but we’ll recover. Hopefully it’s nothing major for those guys, but I tell you what, we got a couple of back ups that are ready to go, and I think they’re excited about it. We’re just going to keep the train moving,” Coach Bonnett said.

The Mustangs will have their next game at Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont on Oct. 7, where they will be seeking another win. The game starts at 7:30 p.m.