Boys’ soccer eager to improve

by Caleb Peter

There is an aura of determination in the PCM boys’ soccer team. Last year, the team won their first game in two years and the team is now looking forward to more. Many varsity players returned and they are joined by many newcomers, who are mostly freshmen.The team is led by head coach Darrin Telfer, assistant coach Zach Fagg, and assistant coach Brian Adams.

“It is exciting to see not just the larger number of freshman this year, but also the quality of the kids who have gone out. Many of them have extensive playing experience, which is really going to help us down the road,” said coach Brian Adams.

Returning varsity players, including some from Colfax and Lynnville Sully, are: sophomores Nick Dredge and Carson Clark; juniors Drew Johnson and Misha Seebeck; seniors Zach Read, Zac VanWaardhuizen, Jacob Phillips, Jared Craver, Leevi Telfer, Chase Kuecker and Graham Davis.

“The biggest thing for our team this year will be to try and build on the improvements we made last year and not get complacent with just being able to win a couple of games every season,” said Adams.

The first game for the boys will be Thursday evening versus Pella Christian at PCM High School. JV plays at 5:30 p.m. and varsity plays at 7 p.m.