Annual fall play: Premiering tomorrow

Annual fall play: Premiering tomorrow

by Kinsey Phipps

For weeks, members of PCM High School drama have been working hard to get ready for the annual fall play. The performance is tomorrow, Nov. 13, at 7p.m., Saturday, Nov. 14, at 7p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 15, at 1p.m. Tickets for adults are $5 and $3 for students.
The play is about a high school boy and girl who have a crush on each other but are too shy to show it, so their friends decide to put on a version of “Romeo and Juliet” and cast the boy and girl as the main characters in hopes of the two falling in love. From there, the chaos continues.
“A lot of work goes into a production by a lot of different people. We rehearse at least three nights a week; there’s a lot of work and conversation done about costumes, set, props, etcetera. The students have to memorize their lines and think about their characters,” Ms. Samantha Pohl said, high school English teacher and play director. “There’s just a lot of work to be done on a lot of different levels and by every single person involved in the show.”
Junior Graham Davis has been heavily involved in the fall play, speech, choir and band all through high school.
“Students have put a lot of hard work into performing and putting [the play] on,” Davis said. “I’m looking forward most to seeing how the play will turn out. I’m really excited to see what people will say after.”
Come support the PCM drama students and see the play this weekend. You won’t regret it.
“People should come to the play because the students have done so much work to put it together. They’ve created a hilarious show, and people of all ages will love it,” Pohl said. “The characters are lovable and relatable, the lines are funny, the chaos is hysterical. People will just have a great time watching it.”