Girls Track Senior Night

Jamie Steenhoek

On Monday of April 22, the PCM track team had their last meet while also having senior night. 

The PCM track team will be saying goodbye to 5 of their seniors. Those seniors are Ryan Bennett, Alya Barret, Elle Davis, Rylie Muck, and Tiffani Koonce. Here is how some of your varsity senior girls feel about how their season has been going and their feelings about their last home track meet as a mustang runner.

“I think this track season has been quite of a whirlwind for all of us but the team aspect this year is awesome and we are all so supportive of each other. I think the girls will continue to get better every year and continue to have more races going to state but it is bittersweet to leave them.” Senior Ryan Bennett

“ I think that the track season has gone well for me this year. I have gotten stronger both physically and mentally by participating in this sport and I work to continue improving as we come to the end of our season. I will be very sad to leave this sport and team as they have become family to me and we are all close to one another. I’m thankful for the memories I have made with everyone and I can’t wait to continue to cheer them on next year as a fan.” Senior Rylie Muck

“This season has been a little different but all of us girls have been so supportive of each other and have worked hard with each other. We are looking forward to the end of the season with conferences and districts. Like all other sports, it’s going to be sad leaving my team. It’s going to be different with ending my running career this year, as deciding not to run in college. ” Senior Tiffani Koonce. 

Out of 8 teams attending, consisting of Ballard, Lynnville-Sully, West Marshall, Pleasantville, Southeast Polk, Southeast Warren, and Pella, our PCM girls track team placed 2nd. Here are the stats. 

The PCM girls 800 sprint medley team, consisting of Senior Tiffani Koonce, junior Stella Stravers, sophomore Lillian Humple, and freshman Ali Hilsabeck, placed 6th with a time of 2:09.28. 

The 4×100 meter team, consisting of seniors Tiffani Kooce and Ryan Bennett, and sophomores Morgan Karr and Jorja Teeter, placed 1st with a time of 52.74 while freshman Ila Keuning, juniors Isabelle Masterson and Constanza Gonzoonlez, and sophomore Kiera Stone placed 12th with a time of 1:24.78

The 4×200 meter relay team, consisting of sophomers Alyssa Buckingham and Tori Lindsay, and juniors Addison Shannon and Stella Stravers, placed 1st with a time of 1:59 while freshmans Peytyn Adamson and Bailie Birkenholtz, and sophomores Carly Steenhoek and Kylie Tuller placed 7th with a time of 2:05.98. 

The PCM girls 4×400 meter team, consisting of sophomers Lexi Fagg and Paiten Rumbaugh, freshman Lila Milani, and senior Tiffani Koonce, placed 3rd with a time of 4:29.63.

The girls 4×800 meter relay team, consisting of sophomore Abi Teeter, freshmans Lila Milani and Bailee Wheeler, and senior Tiffani Koonce, placed 1st and had a time of 10:23.48

The girls distance medley team, consisting of sophomores Alyssa Buckingham and Lillian Humble, and juniors Stella Stravers and Addison Steenhoek, placed 4th with a time of 4:54.30.

Senior Ryan Bennett placed 2nd in the girls 100 meter race with a time of 14.14. Senior Elle Davis placed 7th for the girls 400 meter race with a time of 1:11.88. Senior Rylie Muck placed 9th for discus throw with a distance of 71-01 while placing 12th in the shot put throw with a distance of 27. Senior Ayla Barrett placed 1st in the high jump and had a height of 5-01.00.

Junior Addison Steenhoek placed 11th with the 800 meter race and had a time of 2:55.35. Junior Constanza Gonzonlez placed 19th in the girls discus throw and had a distance of 49-08 while junior Isabelle Masterson placed 20th with a distance of 46-08. Gonzalez also placed 21st in girls shot put throw with a distance of 21-04.50.

Sophomore Morgan Karr placed 1st in the 100 meter race with a time of 13.65. Sophomore Kylie Tuller placed 9th for the 100 meter hurdles with a time of 20.89. Sophomore Carly Steenkhoek placed 7th for the girls 200 meter race with a time of 30.44. Sophomore Jorja Teeter placed 2nd for the 400 meter race with a time of 1:06.38. Sophomore Tori Lindsay placed 3rd for the 400 meter hurdles with a time of 1:17.46. Sophomore Paiten Rumbaugh placed 7th in the 800 meter race with a time of 2:47.92 while sophomore Raegan Vannoy placed 8th with a time of 2:50.40. Sophomore Abi Teeter placed 2nd in the 1500 meter race with a time of 5:17.78. Sophomore Keira Stone placed 16th for discus throw with a distance of 51-02 while placing 19th in shot put throw with a distance of 22-06. Sophomore Lexi Fagg placed 3rd for long jump and had a distance of 14-05.50 while sophomore Alyssa Buckingham placed 5th with a distance of 14.03.50.

Freshman Baili Birkenholtz placed 10th for the 200 meter race with a time of 31.52. Freshman Bailey Wheeler placed 4th for the girls 800 meter race with a time of 2:44.19. Freshman Ila Keuning placed 1st in the discus throw with a distance of 83-04 while playing 10th in shot put throwing. Keuning had a distance of 27-06.50 for shot put.