What is eSports?

eSports is a new program added to PCM activities coached by Dylan Heacock in which all students can be involved. eSports consists of students playing video games and competing against other schools in the Midwest for a trophy and a banner that would be represented in our school. There are also many scholarship opportunities.  

These past 2 years e-Spots have been a bigger part of my life. eSports is playing video games while representing my school. I am currently in the middle of my fourth season and I have made the finals two out of three times I have been the second in the Midwest the past 2 seasons. I am hoping to make it again by the end of this season. Each time I made the finals I have fallen short and lost, I have two second-place trophies, and with this being my last season I am hoping to finally win it all. 

Each year I have the same problem and it’s losing to the same guy over and over. I play Madden which is football and not to brag or anything but I tend to be really good at it. That is a brag. I am aware not many people can beat me. But anyway, I lost to the same guy and it’s getting really frustrating but this season is different. I am going to win it all. I usually use the Cleveland Browns but when I play against them I have to use the Kansas City Chiefs just because I tend to play better with them. My two friends and I also play and I am definitely better than them but it’s always fun watching them play. 

I like playing Madden because I’m good at it, and I have made a lot of money from it. I make money doing wagers against other people and I have been invited to two pro tournaments. There are these pro tournaments that I only played in once even though I was invited to two I got third place, and I should have moved on to the championship game but I made a very dumb mistake. I can’t do anything about it now obviously, but I at least I learned on what to do next time and how to get better. Hopefully, in the future, I can enter more tournaments and I can win loads of money because there is a lot of money to be won in these tournaments. I think it would be really good and super awesome if I could turn this into an actual profession. Nothing is impossible and people are making loads of money by playing video games. eSports has been beneficial for me and I hope to continue it even after I graduate high school.