Women’s March Madness Update

It’s that time of the year again, March Madness. If you don’t know what March Madness is, some facts to know are that it is the NCAA College Bracket, which involves a total of 64 teams. 4 teams ranked in each spot from 1 to 16. Fun fact, no one in the history of March Madness has someone ever gotten a perfect bracket. Getting a perfect bracket is one of the least likely things to happen in your lifetime. The chances of getting a perfect bracket is 1 in 2 to the 67th power (1 in 147,573,952,589,676,412,928, or about 147 quintillion). If you somehow win the tournament and pick the picks perfectly, you will be given a 1 million dollar prize. In the history of Women’s March Madness, 16 seeds have beaten the 1 seed, but it’s March Madness, so almost anything could happen. The last time a 16 seed beat a 1 seed was all the way back in 1998, when the Harvard Crimson beat the number 1 seed Stanford by a score of 71 to 67. The 1 seeds this year in March Madness are South Carolina, Iowa, Texas, and USC. The first round (round of 64) will be played from March 22 to the 23rd. The second round (round of 32) will be played from March 24 to the 25th. The Sweet Sixteen will be played from March 29 to the 30th. The Elite Eight will be played from March 31 to April 1st. The Final Four will be played on April 5th, and the women’s NCAA March Madness Championship will be played on April 7th. The teams that have the best odds to win March Madness is South Carolina (-135), Iowa (+600), LSU (+750), Stanford (+1500), and Texas (+1500). Some players to watch during the Women’s March Madness Tournament would be Caitlin Clark (Iowa), JuJu Watkins (USC), Paige Bueckers (UConn), Cameron Brink (Stanford), and Alissa Pili (Utah). Last year, the Championship was between the Iowa Hawkeyes and the LSU Tigers. The LSU Tigers took the win by a score of 102 to 85. LSU was a 3 seed, and Iowa was a 2 seed, so that shows that not only can 1 seeds make it 2/15 Championship.