Bringing back the Fifties

The PCM Middle School will be performing “The Nifty FIfties,” written by Tim Kelly and music and lyrics by Bill Francoeur, on Friday, March 1 at 7 p.m., Saturday, March 2 at 7 p.m., and Sunday, March 3 at 7 p.m. Those who want to attend the musical can reserve their tickets on Bound at just $6 per ticket.

Janice Davis, the head director, was asked to explain the backstory and why she chose this musical. She responded with, “The show tis year is titled, “The Nifty 50s.” Ms. Teresa Thompson is my co-director and when we picked this show last fall, we loved the music and the size of the cast. The show is about Louise’s Luncheonette and the high school kids who love to frequent the eatery after school. Gracie is one of the high school girls who comes to the Luncheonette often with her friends. She has a problem she had to try to solve – – she is on the dance committee at school and the gym is being remodeled, so she has to find an alternative location for it. She decides the luncheonette is the perfect place to have it, but she has to convince a lot of people before they will agree that it won’t be a total flop.”

Davis would like to encourage everyone to go and support the middle school Mustangs and see how all their time and effort paid off.