Stubbers soars to Saydel

Stubbers soars to Saydel

by Clay Cooper

A legendary teacher filled with excitement and joy hangs up his Mustang hooves and replaces them with Eagle wings. This wasn’t an easy decision for the seven year veteran, but it was a step in the right direction for Mr. Alex Stubbers to meet his goal. Stubbers has taught world history, economics, psychology, sociology, current events, Cold War, and Psychology II in his time here. Now he is putting all that behind him and moving on to become an academic and behavioral interventionist at Saydel.
Stubbers said, “It will be my responsibility to deal with minor classroom behavior issues and attendance issues. But really it will be my job to identify specific students and try to get them the help they need.”
His favorite memory are the two years that he and Davis did the D-Day reenactment. He said, “Getting the kids to go out and reenact those two different days were fun.”
“I’m looking forward to a change. I’m sad because I don’t want to get out of teaching, but at the same time it’s something new. It’s an adventure into administration. It’s kind of a win win because if I didn’t get the job I’d be here teaching and I love teaching you guys. That was my passion. And if I got the job that’s great because it’s a step toward my new adventure.”
Sophomore Chris Ellens said, “He was my favorite teacher and he genuinely cares about the kids. He will be missed.”
Stubbers’ summer plans are golfing, visiting his family in Florida and watching the PCM baseball team.