PCM Dance Teams Winter Show

The 2024 PCM Dance Team

The PCM dance team has their yearly show that showcases their routines and the members of the team. The show was on Jan. 27 at PCM High School. The girls danced a total of eight routines consisting of their performance pom and hip hop. Their competition is pom, hip-hop, and skirts. Also, their kick routine, dads dance, and co-ed. There are a total of fifteen girls on the team; four freshmen, three sophomores, five juniors, and three seniors. The seniors on the team are Avery Houser, Ryan Bennett, and Tiffani Koonce. Houser and Bennett have been on the team all four years of high school, while Koonce was only on the team for her junior and senior years. Senior Bennett shared what these past years have been like for her on the dance team and some of her favorite things.

Being on this team has been so fun, and I got to meet so many different girls and lead underclassmen,” Bennet said “I have learned leadership skills and how to have a good work ethic” Bennet had a hard time trying to decide her favorite dance out of four years. “My favorite dance was probably my Pom freshman year because we won first.” Bennett talked about what her senior year on the team was like “My senior year has been stressful because I am a senior but very, very fun,” Bennet said, “this team this year has been very close, so I love being a part of it.” The team has practiced a lot, so they have gotten to know each other, “I am going to miss having girls and getting to see every morning and getting to talk to them,” Bennet had some advice to leave for new members of the team and current members, “My advice is practice at home because we only have an hour in the morning so put in extra work, and it pays off.” Bennett’s plans for college are to attend UNI and study biology to get her degree in medical lab science.

The seniors choreographed the performance of hip-hop, dads dance, co-ed, and kick for this year. The freshmen, sophomores, and juniors also danced with the seniors that the juniors choreographed. The seniors had no clue about the song, choreography, or costumes. So it was a surprise to them. The whole dance team puts on a clinic that they do every year for ages pre-k to eighth grade. The dance team members come up with the routines themselves to teach the kids. Then the different age groups will perform at the show with the dance team members’ help. They have been putting a lot of work into making this a great show for everyone. The boys in co-ed had morning practices to prepare for the show and the dads had after-school practice. With the many snow days that caused practices to be canceled, and the show was just around the corner. The girls worked hard and finished everything just in time for the show!