Injuries Cause Problems in NFL

Aaron Rodgers is helped off the field after tearing his Achilles during week one.
Photo from NBC News.
Aaron Rodgers is helped off the field after tearing his Achilles during week one. Photo from NBC News.
NFL teams are dealing with big injuries this season. Some big names who are injured right now are Aaron Rodgers, Daniel Jones, and Nick Chubb.
The most affected team is the New York Jets because they traded many of their draft picks and got players to help out the team. Last year, the New York Jets had Zach Wilson as their quarterback; he went 5-4 as a starter, and the team record was 7-10. They had many great players on their team that year like Garrett Wilson and Sauce Garnder who both won the Rookie of the Year. Also, Breece Hall was playing well before he got injured but many people think that Zack Wilson was not ready to be the starter for the team. There were some sources that said that Aaron Rodgers was not happy with the Green Bay Packers because they weren’t getting weapons on the offensive side of the ball and they drafted a new quarterback in the 2020 NFL draft.
On April 26 they finally made a trade to send Rodgers to the Jets and the fans were happy because this could help them win the Super Bowl. Week 1 of Monday night football, Rodger tore his Achilles on the 5th play of the game but still, the Jets won the game in overtime. Without Rodgers, the Jets are 4-4 and still trying to make a playoff run with Zach Wilson but there is still a chance that he could come back close to the playoffs. Another team dealing with a big injury is the Cleveland Browns who lost Nick Chubb. In week 2 on a Monday night game, Pittsburgh Steelers safety Minkah Fitzpatrick tried to tackle Chubb but Fitzpatrick’s helmet hit his knee. Then they showed the replay didn’t look good because he had the same injury in college and he missed the whole season. Many reports say that Chubb’s knee is getting better every day and that he may play football again. Injuries could cost the team the whole season because they put a lot of money and resources into that player so that everything could go downhill.