Cleveland Browns Breathtaking Season

Terrell Wood

The Cleveland Browns are now 5-2, that’s 1 more win than we had last year. We are off to such a hot start. PFF has us ranked inside the top 10 which is an amazing feeling. Even though we have like the 30th ranked offense our defense is ranked 1st. We have always had great talent on the defensive side of the ball but we were never able to do anything with it. This year, being led by Jim Schwartz, our defense is putting up historic numbers. We lead in almost every category by a significant amount. If he isn’t already Myles Garret should have all eyes on him and be the front-runner for DPOY. This team is coming together so nicely and I think it’s all because of Jim Schwartz and Kevin Stefanski. Kevin’s offense play calls are just so perfect 80% of the time. The guy knows exactly what he is doing and he’s so good at adjusting for who’s at QB. Last year with Jacoby Brissett then to Deshaun Watson and now to PJ Walker. You can just see the difference in play calls and how he is able to use different strengths for the different players. With Deshaun, you would see a bunch of dropbacks, bootlegs, and QB option runs. With PJ Walker you see us hand off the ball a lot, short passes, and a lot of lob balls to Amari Cooper. This offense is obviously missing Nick Chubb after he suffered a season-ending injury in week 2 but Jerome Ford when he’s played has stepped up and been that guy. He’s had so many explosive plays and hopefully, when he comes back he continues to be a dog. Kareem Hunt has also been exactly what we needed. Kareem Hunt won us the game against the Colts 2 weeks ago when it was 4th and 1. Kareem took the handoff and started driving his feet as hard as he could just to get this team the win. He has a lot of guys who care about teamwork and winning and that’s such a great thing to have. Another underrated thing that doesn’t get talked about is our special teams. Corey Bojorquez, our 27-year-old punter, has been very reliable this year. He grew a huge boot out of nowhere and he’s been able to pin teams back deep. He’s also saved us when we would be close to our own territory; he would just boot the ball 40, 50, or even 60 yards away. He’s been super underrated and it’s amazing. This team is Super Bowl Caliber especially if Deshaun Watson gets healthy and can come back and start playing like his old self. I have high hopes for this team, and I hope you don’t count us out.