PCM’s Varsity volleyball 11-11, Junior Varsity 6-1-1, & Junior Varsity 2 5-2 so far this 2023 season!

The PCM Mustangs Volleyball team lined up for the National Anthem before their game on 9/5 
Photo Taken by: Addison Hudnut
The PCM Mustangs Volleyball team lined up for the National Anthem before their game on 9/5 Photo Taken by: Addison Hudnut

PCM Volleyball currently has 2 out of 3 teams with a winning record, and varsity not too far behind. The Varsity team is currently 11-11 on the season, 1-3 in conference play. 

¨Our team is doing good this season, we have already beat the win record of last year’s team and we still have a few weeks left in the season.There’s always things to improve on, the most important thing for us to improve on is just cleaning up the errors we cause ourselves. We get in our heads easily and make silly mistakes like missing serves or not hitting the ball in the court.”

Senior Reese Palm said about the team this year.  

Season leaders right now for the Mustangs are Senior Eliana Buswell with 327 assists, Junior Rebecca Devries with 138 kills and 28 blocks, and Junior Addison Steenhoek with 229 digs and 38 ACEs.  

This team loves to spend time with each other whether it is at tournaments, practice, or a regular game day. Junior Addi Steenhoek talks about her team. 

“My favorite part about volleyball is my teammates. We spend all our time together and having a good team dynamic is always fun!”

PCM Junior Varsity volleyball is currently 6-1-1 this season. Freshman Addy Pederson talked about her favorite part of playing. 

“My favorite part about playing volleyball is being able to play the sport I love with the funnest people.” With only 3 home games this year Junior Varsity is 2-0 for home games this season so far.
“Our team is doing pretty well. There’s always hurdles and slumps that we have to overcome as a team, but that’s inevitable. Our hitters are incredible this season, our setter is a lifesaver, and our back row works well together and lifts each other up. It’s so fun to see it all come together during games.” Sophomore Addi Hudnut says about the Junior Varsity team this season. 

Junior Varsity 2; also known as JV2, is PCM’s version of the freshman team. All 11 players rostered for the team are freshmen. This young team is 5-2 on the season. 

“I would say that we are doing pretty good. I will also say that we need to improve our communication skills.” Freshman Addy Covington said about the JV2 season this year.

The next volleyball game for all 3 times is tonight, Oct. 5 at South Hamilton High School with JV2 starting at 5:00, JV at 6:00, and Varsity at 7:00.