Seniors’ awards night a big success

Photo+by+PCM+Foundation+Endowment.+

Photo by PCM Foundation Endowment.

On the night of May 10, PCM High School held its annual National Honor Society  induction, Baccalaureate, and senior awards ceremony. 

Starting the night off, 22 new members were inducted into the high school’s NHS chapter. Then senior members were honored with receiving the blue and gold NHS chords to then wear at graduation on May 21. After the induction ceremony NHS members and family were invited to the Learning Center for a short reception to celebrate their accomplishments. 

Soon after the reception a Baccalaureate service was held. Pastors within the PCM community came together to provide words of encouragement, guidance and support towards the soon to be graduating seniors. To close the Baccalaureate the seniors were invited to line up in front of the community and parents attending the service to shake hands, give hugs, and accept congratulation wishes from the people in attendance.

Following the Baccalaureate the senior awards ceremony began. Students who self-reported scholarships and achievements directly from their chosen college were given certificates to show their success. Other memorial scholarships were given in addition to scholarships from foundations around the community.

The PCM Foundation/Endowment awarded many scholarships in different amounts towards seniors who applied. Various scholarships were given out to PCM High School seniors: Joel Greiner, Will Owens, Mickey Mackewich, Caden Bouwkamp, Evelyn Burkett, August Stock, Aydan Camu, RaeAnn Duinink, Jack Eighmey, Hudson Geer, Madie Reed, Jeri Eisbrenner, Eleigh Davis, Jaden Fairbanks, Jillian Fairbanks, Skylar Burns, Lily Ladehoff, Sidney Shaver, Joslin Briles, Paige Steenhoek, Riley Johannes, Kiera Nelson, Riley DeVore, Cate Humpal, Ashlyn Alleger, Trey Voeller, Justin Hall, Evan Johnson, Gabe Graber, Sophia Steenhoek, Emma Hiebert, and Dillon Jenkins. All of these students also received an academic letter, meaning they maintained above a 3.0 average GPA throughout high school. Some other memorable awards include athlete of the year given to Riley Johannes and Gavin Fenton.