Mustang teacher takes flight as Cardinal

by Kinsey Phipps

“My best memories at PCM all involve student achievement and involvement. I will always
remember my sophomores dressing in fake togas while reading Shakespeare, the “find Caesar game”, and how proud I felt when our students worked their hardest on Community Service Day.”
It’s been a short ride for PCM English 9 and 10 and Novels teacher Ashley Carter. Carter’s time of being a Mustang is coming to a quick stop. At the end of the 2014-15 school year, she will hang up her maroon and gold apparel and replace it with red and black.
“My family lives in Newton, and I was offered a high school teaching position in their district,” Carter said. “I am excited for the opportunity to teach history and social studies and be closer to my family members, so my girls can spend more time with their cousins. I am looking forward to being closer to family and [having] a chance to teach social studies.”
Carter will relocating to Newton High School to teach social studies in the fall.
“I will miss teaching ‘Julius Caesar’,” Carter said. “I will miss my co-workers and all of my students.”
Carter’s short ride of being a Mustang is coming to an end. Carter started working here as a substitute back in the 2011-12 school year. After that she became a full time English teacher for the past three years. Soon, she will fly as a Newton Cardinal as she continues her teaching career.
“My goals are to be the best teacher I can possibly be,” Carter said.