PCM Dance Team prepares for upcoming showcase

On Saturday, Jan. 28 the PCM Dance Team will perform in their annual showcase. The show is held each year in the PCM High School Gym and will begin at 2 p.m. The show will incorporate both the PCM Performance Team and the PCM Competition Team. The Performance Team has three routines with combinations of Jazz, Pom, Kick, and Hip Hop styles. The Competitive Team will showcase their three award winning State routines in the styles of Pom, Novelty, and Hiphop. 

Before the show the team will be holding their annual youth dance clinic. At the clinic kids are separated into four age groups led by different dance team members. They will learn a fun routine, play games, have a snack break and perform for the other groups before the show. Each dancer will receive a T-shirt that will act as their costume for the big performance. Then during the show each group will perform for the crowd and show off the routine they learned earlier. Students in grades K-8 can participate in the clinic. 

A fun tradition upheld by the dance team is learning and performing a dance with their dads. This year the Dancin’ Dad’s routine is a fun Pitbull themed dance and mix. The girls and their dads have practice about four weeks before the show to learn and perfect the routine. This will be one you don’t want to miss!

Another exciting act is the Coed routine. This year the Coed routine is Prince and Princess themed with a fun mix of Disney songs such as “Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo,” from Cinderella, “Friend Like Me,” from Aladdin, and many more. During the dance the girls and their partners show difficult and fun partner lifts while also doing group choreography. 

Additionally, six dancers of the 15 girls on the team will perform their solos. All four senior members will dance including Savanna Disney, Lily Ladehoff, Isabelle Lorton, and Haley Vandercamp. Along with sophomores Chloe Greiner and Charlotte Landwehr. 

Finally there will be guest performances from both local dance studios, Wilson Dance Co. and Steppin’ Out Dance Studio along with a performance from the PCM Cheerleaders. 

The show will begin at 2 p.m. in the PCM High School Gym. Admission to the show will be 5 dollars at the door, please note no activity passes can be used. Make sure to come support these hard working dancers!