Winter Formal switches to Fall Festival

by Kinsey Phipps

The yearly Winter Formal event has been canceled, and in its place is the Fall Festival dance. The change is due in part to scheduling at the school. Fall Festival will be on Nov. 8 at PCM High School from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. The cost is $6 per person and $10 per couple.
Tammy Wickett, head cheer coach, and the cheerleaders put on the dance every year to raise money to go to Florida to perform at the Capital One Bowl. While the cheerleaders hold this dance every year, the switch from Winter Formal to Fall Festival has caused some confusion, mostly due to the dance’s dress code.
“We don’t want to make it formal,” Wicket said. “We’re trying to keep cost down for the kids and their families. We’re just asking that everybody dresses up. For example: Girls could wear dresses and cowboy boots, and boys could wear jeans and and nice shirts — no T-shirts.”
Freshman Darian Drake commented on the new concept of Fall Festival. “I think that the switch is okay, but I don’t think that they should change the formal part of it.”
The cheer team is planning on having a fall decorating theme for the dance. They will have photo booth at the event, and they are in the process of putting some other activities together for the dance.
If you have any other questions or concerns, talk to Wickett or any of the cheerleaders.