Semester test schedule and information

The semester test schedule for Dec. 21-22.

Rylee Gallaher

The PCM High School semester tests will take place on Tuesday, Dec. 20, Wednesday the 21 and the make-up day will be on Thursday the 22. On Dec. 20, the students will be taking their 1, 3, 5 and 7 period tests. On Dec. 21 the students will be finishing their semester by taking their 2, 4, 6 and 8 period tests. 

The seniors, juniors and sophomores received two opt-outs, one for passing all of their classes while having an 80 percent or above for the semester in the class that they are opting out of and one for being proficient on the ISASPs taken in the spring of 2021. The freshman will only be getting one opt-out for passing all of their classes and having an 80 percent or above in the semester in the class that they are choosing to opt-out of. In the spring semester the freshman will receive a second opt-out after the ISASPs. Students are required to be passing all classes in order to opt-out, failing is a F and passing is a D- or above. 

If a student decides to opt-out of a class, they are not required to go to that class. Teachers will have deadlines for deciding if the students are going to opt-out for each of their classes, students will have to follow those deadlines to opt-out. If students have a study hall they are not required to go to that period, but they can if they want to study, there will be someone in the library to supervise them. 

Students are expected to be on time and required to stay the full 90 minutes unless it is the 7 or 8 period semester test. If a student has an excused absence on Tuesday or Wednesday, the student is required to talk to the teacher to schedule a time to take the test on Thursday. Students are not allowed to change their schedule for their convenience.