Kain returns to PCM after 10 years

by Logan Gilman

This season, there is a new face on the PCM football team’s sideline. Who is the man behind this
face? His name is Trent Kain.
Kain isn’t new to the football tradition here at PCM. A 2004 graduate, Kain was a star during his time here. He played many positions but primarily receiver, outside backer, corner and punt/kick returner. He was good enough to attract attention from local college coaches and continued his football career at Simpson College, playing wide receiver and punt returner.
Kain is now married to Jenny Oldham who was also a 2004 graduate at PCM. Together they have two kids, a four-year old daughter, Kadence, and a seven-month-old son, Nixon. Kain also is an equipment operator at Machin Excavating and Plumbing.
When Kain isn’t busy working, spending time with his family, or at football practice,“My main hobbies are hunting, basketball and golf. But I’m very competitive, so I’m always looking for a way to compete at something.”
After moving back to the PCM area, Kain felt the desire to get back into the football program. Kain said, “After being around games and different things in the community, I liked the direction the program was going and the culture Bonnett and the staff was building here. I’ve also always taken a lot of pride in being from PCM and being a part of the program and community, so coaching here is something I’ve wanted to do since I was done playing. Plus, I love everything about football and have learned a lot about the game over my career, so this is a great way to stay involved and pass on some of that knowledge and passion.”
Kain not only wants to impact kids on the field but also later in life. Kain said, “Obviously if I can make kids better players, that’s great, but mostly I just want to teach kids to play the game the right way—work hard, play hard and respect the game—because ultimately that’s what will help them later in life.”