Eagles swoop up victory over Mustangs

by Kinsey Phipps

Saydel has defeated PCM for the past two years that Cory Waddell has been head coach of the PCM wrestling team. He was not planning on making his standings with the Eagles 0-3. Sadly, his expectations for the meet did not work out as he planned, when the Mustangs went down to Saydel with a final score of 45-36.
Though the meet didn’t go as expected, some wrestlers did shine through in the Dec. 11 meet at Saydel. Senior Ron Marshall pinned his opponent in a mere 45 seconds. Another senior, Tristan Clark, pinned his adversary in 1:22.
“I think we just showed up but nothing else. There were matches we should have won, but we were not ready,” Marshall said. “I feel I showed up to get my job done for the team, along with a few others. I feel we need better focus before the meet, and I think some people are just there to be there, which is bad for the ones that want to be there.”
PCM ended the night with three falls and three forfeits. Saydel’s victory included five falls, one decision and two forfeits.
“Winning the dual portion of the conference will be difficult. We will keep working towards that same goal the remainder of the year. We will focus on the tournament title with a healthier team.” Waddell said.
The next triangular for the boys is tonight, Dec. 18th at Nevada, starting at 6 p.m.