Boys lose frustrating rivalry game

by Tyler Foster

PCM traveled to Pella to play Pella Christian in a huge rivalry non-conference game on Dec, 8. The Eagles were 3-0 coming into the game, while the Mustangs were coming off a tough loss on the road against Roland-Story. The Mustangs were caught again on a cold shooting night, and the Eagles seemed as if they couldn’t miss, resulting in a 73-58 Pella Christian victory.
The Mustangs held right with the Eagles in the first half, only being down two scores in a 28-24 ballgame. However, the Eagles exploded in the third quarte, scoring 25 points to the Mustangs’ 14. PCM was not able to overcome the deficit they dug themselves into a hole and could only get within nine points during the rest of the game.
“We didn’t rebound very well. We needed to play better defense an not allow so many second chances,” said junior Logan Gilman.
Gilman led the charge for the Mustangs, scoring a near double-double with 18 points and eight rebounds. He was followed by senior Trey Lindsay, who accounted for 15 points while also racking up four steals. As a team, the Mustangs struggled from behind the arc, only connecting for four three-pointers in the game. The Eagles were able to sink a much higher total connecting for 11 three-pointers. Eagle sophomore Levi Jungling did most of the damage, dropping 26 points, six assists and four rebounds, as he led Pella Christian to a 73-58 victory.