Busy week paid of for wrestlers

by Taylor Burns

After a busy week of wrestling meets and not eating to keep their weight for most of the boys, the
PCM wrestlers traveled to Bondurant-Farrar for the Bluejay Invitational on Dec. 6. It paid off, though. There were three first places, one second and one third, place winner. The boys finished in fifth place out of nine teams overall.
Head Coach Cory Waddell said, “I was pleased overall with the guys’ performance. It was a long wait for them, but they answered the call when it was time to go.”
Sophomore Xavier Miller, who got first place scoring 24 points for the Mustangs, won all seven of his matches, weighing 120 pounds. He went undefeated for the day. Another first-place finalist, senior Tristan Clark, in weight class 126, also won all seven of his matches, scoring 22 team points. Senior Jaret Maggard, weighing 195 pounds, was the third first-place finalist for the Mustangs. He went 6-2 in his matches, scoring 18 points for his team.
Senior Ron Marshall finished the day with a second place, also going 6-2 in his matches. He scored 20 points for the team, weighing 170 pounds. Senior Trent Malone was another Mustang placing in the top five. Weighing 285 pounds, he went 5-3 in his matches, placing third and scoring nine points. Sophomore Chace Palm, 106 pounds, went 5-3 in his matches, placing fourth in his weight category. He scored 10 team points. The last Mustang placing in the top five was sophomore James Maggard. He weighed 145 pounds and went 4-5 in his matches, placing fourth in his category. He scored 14 points for the team.
“We need to work on being more aggressive and scoring more points,” Waddell said. The Mustangs finished with 120 points.
Come support the Mustangs at their meet today, Dec. 11 at Saydel High School at 4:30 p.m.