Tyler Green: high school Technology Director

Johnny Jarnagin

Green will take over the office next to the English Department

Over the past year, PCM gained a new Technology Director. Former technology director Sean Balzer had taken up an opportunity for another job and has since left PCM. Tyler Green was hired to replace Balzer as the Technology Director. Green, however, isn’t as well known amongst the PCM students as other staff. In an interview aimed to further introduce Green to PCM students he stated,

Green gained his bachelor’s degree in the growing field of information-technology, and has work experience as the former technology director for the Pella Community School District. 

“I went to the University of Northern Iowa for Management of Information Systems. That consists of a dual major in Business Management and Computer Information Systems, what it overall entailed was creating, designing and maintaining computer databases,” Green said.

Green works alongside Tyler Glick, Technology Associate at PCM Middle School to solve daily issues and carry out repairs that might arise at PCM. He also explained some of the issues he helps and corrects on a daily basis, from user accounts, google accounts, any hardware issues with students’ chromebooks, as well as keeping the internet, servers, wireless access points and things of that nature up and running. He is your one stop shop if you’re having any trouble with technology. 

Lately, Green has been working on several big projects at PCM. 

“We have installed a TV out in the commons as well as the library. We also just pushed out new laptops to the high school teaching staff last week. We are currently working on students’ new Chromebooks for next year and hope that transition goes over smoothly as well,” Green said. 

The students are not the only people at PCM getting new tech. Teachers at the high school received new Macbook Air laptops, which didn’t come without challenges.

“It took a while to set up due to some issues with management systems but once we got it rolling it went really well. Teachers seem to love them, I haven’t had one complaint yet,” Green said. 

With Green being new, students need to learn a lot more about him. 

“I live in Pella and have two kids. My favorite day of the week is Friday.” Green explained. 

Green also stated that Chromebook hinges were some of the most common repairs that students come to him with. 

Students are encouraged to stop in and say hey, as well as not to fear coming forward with any technology repair. Greens’ office is located across from Brooke Grett’s room at PCM High School.