Stubbers steps up

by Gunnar Davis

History may not be your favorite subject. You may not even like history at all. But PCM History
Teacher 30-year-old Alex Stubbers is trying to change that.
Stubbers graduated from Ankeny High School in 2002 and then went to NorthWest Missouri State University to major in social studies education. Stubbers also minored in coaching. Today he is the head coach of the PCM freshman football team. Now he is working on his masters. He is trying to become a principal.
“Eventually someday I’d like to be a principal, which is why I’m studying in principal education,” he said.
Being a principal might sound like he’s all business and no fun, but Stubbers has some things on his bucket list, like traveling a lot, especially in Europe. He also wants to help coach a state championship team.
Stubbers loves working with his kids and you can tell from being in his classroom that he cares.
“He understands what his students go through, and teaches us in the most convenient way for both of us,” sophomore Luke Greiner said. “That is what makes him a great teacher.”
“Generally, the reason I like high school is because I like being around high school kids,” Stubbers said. “I like the conversations and the intellectual level that the kids are at.”
Stubbers has many hobbies, two of them being going out hunting during the fall and spending time with his two daughters and wife.
Keep a look out for this friendly face, because you never know where you might see him.