Ready for a musical start to the new year

by Graham Davis

This year, for the first time at PCM High School since Ms. Samantha Pohl, the director of the musical, has been here, the drama department has decided to put on a musical. This year’s musical, “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” is a comedic, one-act musical by Rebecca Feldman. Directors Pohl and Ms. Meredith Blankenheim are ecstatic about doing this musical.
“We chose to do a musical this year because it’s been awhile since one has been done. It was just time for a little change up,”  Pohl said. “We chose it for a few reasons. It’s really cute, funny and something that all ages would enjoy. We knew we needed to be careful about size because we weren’t sure how many people would audition, and we weren’t particularly sure how many guys would audition.”
Most students involved  are very excited to do the musical for the first time at PCM. Tryouts were held last week at the high school, and the cast list was posted on Friday.
“I’m most excited about the process. It’s always fun to see how it all comes together,” senior Rachel Peter said. “I all love the atmosphere of people involved in theatre. We all definitely know how to have a good time.”
Practice starts up for the cast on Thursday, Sep. 11. The musical will be held on Nov. 14 and 15 at 7:00 p.m. and Nov. 16 at 1:00 p.m.