Senior Night Wrestling

by Nickolas Meinders

The PCM Mustang wrestling team showed how dominant it could be in its senior night triangular on Jan. 10. PCM easily defeated South Hamilton and Greene County, scoring 69 to Greene County’s 12 and putting up 72 against South Hamilton’s three. Two of the Mustangs’ wrestlers achieved milestone moments during the duals. Senior Jarron Trausch gained his 150th career win and sophomore Payton Drake achieved his 100th career win. Trausch’s 150th win put him within six wins of tying the record for career wins at PCM. The team’s success could be partially accredited to seniors Trausch, Wes Cummings, Lucas Roland, as well as junior Jace Smith and sophomores Landon Fenton and Colby Tool for all finishing 2-0 with two pins during the triangular.

To start the triangular South Hamilton and Greene County faced off, the dual ended in Green County’s favor 42-39. Up next was the face-off between Greene County and PCM. PCM unleashed its might against the Rams and collected eight pins and three forfeits. The Mustang’s efforts were good enough to take a hold of the score 69-12.

PCM’s next opponent would be the South Hamilton Hawks. The Mustangs dominate fashion carried over from their first dual. South Hamilton only gained three points in the dual, the points came from the 220-pound match where junior Seth Greiner fell to South Hamilton’s Colton Willis. Also during this dual, Drake earned his 100th win after taking a forfeit in the Greene County dual before.

The PCM wrestling team’s next opportunity to dominate will be tonight, Jan. 17 at 6:00 p.m. in a dual against the Saydel Eagles at Saydel high school. 8