Mustangs split wins with Cubs

by Reed Worth

On Friday, December 14, the PCM boys and girls basketball teams traveled up to Nevada. The girls came into the game with a 3-4 record and the boys came in with a 3-2 record. Both teams were looking to put another win on their records.

The girls started off a bit slow, only scoring nine points in the first half. They started the second half only down ten. With a lot of shots not falling for the girls, it was tough for a second-half comeback. The girls added 20 points to their first-half total, led by junior Regan Freland with 15 points, but it wasn’t enough. The Cubs just kept their distance and held off the Mustangs. The PCM girls eventually fell to the Cubs 41-29.

The PCM boys came into the game looking to keep their momentum going from their last win over Greene County. The boys came out hot, making shot after shot. They ended the first half on top by seventeen points. Coming out of the first half, the shots continued to fall. The boys kept the train rolling and cruised to the victory. Four of the five starters were in double figures for scoring. The boys were led by seniors Reed Worth with twenty-three points and Andrew Van Ryswyk with fourteen points. The other two in double figures were juniors Jason Stafford with twelve points and Derek Brown with fourteen points. The PCM boys won 75-54 over the Cubs.