PCM’s new FCS teacher

“In highschool, I took future teacher class When I took that I wanted to be an elementary teacher but I really liked sewing and cooking so my family consumer science teacher told me to try it Now here I am.”

With Denise Young retiring from PCM there was an open spot to fill. Zoey Sternquist, one of the new teachers at PCM this year, will hopefully fill the hole that Young left behind.  Sternquist will teach the Family and Consumer Science classes including subjects like baking, human service, childhood development, and single survival. She enjoys all of her classes, but her favorite class to teach is childhood development. This is the first year of her teaching career.  Along with teaching the FCS classes she also founded a new PCM chapter of Future Career and Community Leaders of America. “FCCLA is kind of the equivalent to FCS classes as agriculture classes are to FFA.” FCCLA is open to anyone that has taken a family consumer science class.

She went to Iowa State College to become a teacher. This is her first year as a teacher. “The students just seem really nice,” said Sternquist. “I really like all the teachers and all the student’s everyone is really nice and dedicated.”

She is excited to be here at PCM and is excited to teach the FCS classes and to bring FCCLA to PCM. I think that this year will be great with Sternquist as PCM’s new family and consumer science teacher.