PCM Alumni Jamie Byere inducted into ISU Hall of Fame

PCM graduate Jamie Beyer was recently inducted into the Iowa State Athletics Hall of Fame. He is an addition to the 182 other Cyclone athletes.

He is regarded as one of greatest athletes to walk PCM’s halls. Beyer graduated in 1995 with plenty of accomplishments under his belt. He won a state title in shot put along with placing fifth in high jump. Not only did he accomplish things in track and field, he dominated on the basketball court as well. He was on the team that went to state in the 1994-1995 season.

He took his talents to Iowa State where he was seven-time All-American in shot put, discus, and weight throw. He participated on the track and field team from 1997-2000, but did much more than just participate. Beyer racked up plenty more accomplishments during his time there. He was a five-time Big 12 champ, along with three-time Big 12 shot put champ. The list doesn’t end there either. He was a silver medalist at the 1999 Pan American games and placed fourth at 2002 USA Outdoor Championships, both in shot. He was so good that he was ranked among the top 10 in the world by Track and Field News in 2005.

Beyer graduated in 2000 and took an internship job for construction engineering in San Diego, California. That didn’t mean he couldn’t keep his athletic career going strong. He trained for, and then competed in the 2000, 2004, 2008 US Olympic trials. During that time he was in the University World Games in Beijing in 2002 as well.

You could ask anybody, and they’d tell you that he’s very deserving of his spot in the Hall of Fame. Some would argue he should’ve been inducted earlier.

Beyer now lives in back in Iowa in Des Moines and works as a Senior Project Manager at Graham Construction.