PCM Volleyball versus new season

by Chance Palm

The Mustang Volleyball season is in full throttle, and they have a brand new coach behind the wheel. The coach’s name is Alex Samson. A former PCM volleyball player herself, taught by the former head coach, Mike Vittetoe. After taking some time off, Vittitoe is coming back to the PCM Volleyball Program to coach freshmen and junior varsity.

On the subject of working with a former player,Vittetoe said, “I wasn’t intending on coaching volleyball anymore when I retired from coaching five years ago. I have been officiating instead. PCM went a week into the season without a freshmen coach so I decided I would help them for a year. I had several officiating dates I had to cancel but everyone was very understanding.”

So far, Samson has helped lead the team to a decent record of 5-9. A chunk of these wins came from the Newton Volleyball Tournament where the Mustangs trotted to first place, beating every other team to take the title of the champions. Last week, on, September 8th, the Mustangs traveled to Roland-Story to face off the Norseman.

The first match ended with a score of, 25-13 Norseman. Then came the second match, the Norseman came through on top again with a score of 25-15. Finally, the final match of the night, the Mustangs lost by a score of 25-11, Roland-Story. The next game is today, the Mustangs take on the Saydel Eagles at home.