Mustangs ram Greene County

by Tyler Foster

The PCM Mustangs varsity boys’ basketball team was coming off a huge win against Gilbert and was looking to keep the momentum going last Tuesday, Jan. 13. PCM was 7-2 overall and 6-1 in conference play. Their opponents, Greene County had struggled in conference play going in, but the Mustangs knew better and to take every opponent seriously. PCM handed Greene County another loss as they won 65-47.
The Mustangs got off to a hot start, outscoring the Rams 21-5 in the first quarter. However, by half-time, the Rams managed to bring it closer with a 33-19 score. Greene County would continue to hang around, and the Mustangs saw their 16-point lead dwindle to just six. Senior Chase Keuning came in clutch for the
Mustangs, knocking down two three-point baskets and adding eight points for PCM, all in the second half.
Junior Logan Gilman led the charge for the Mustangs, recording 14 points and 10 rebounds. Sophomore Luke Greiner also had a very good stat line showing for 11 points, seven rebounds, six assists and two steals. PCM continues to harass teams, gathering 17 steals and continuing to lead the conference in steals with 138 on the year.
Senior Ricky Reeve said, “Trey and I have always kinda been this duo playing together, and in this new defense, (The 1-1-3 zone) we are really starting to play well and get a lot of steals. The other three guys on the bottom of the 1-1-3 have stepped up, too, and we have been playing better as a team.”