Victory for track boys

by Darian Drake

The Mustang track boys went to BGM on April 18 looking for a victory. After getting five first places, five second places and three third places they got what they wanted. The boys finished with 131 points, which was only seven in front of second place, Bondurant-Farrar. 

unnamed-32
The PCM varsity boys’ track team poses with their winning plaque after sealing victory at BGM on April 18./by Jacki Grier

The first title event was the 4×100, including senior Luke Greiner, sophomore Preston Van Wyk, sophomore Brayton Van Dyke and junior Noah Anderson with a time of 45.05. Senior Noah Clark won the discus throwing 134 feet, four inches. Senior Chris Ellens won the 3,200 with a time of 10:11.77. Sophomore Cole Dustin won the 110 high hurdles in 16 seconds and was the anchor for the first placing shuttle hurdle relay. The four included were sophomore Jarron Trausch, Van Wyk, sophomore Nick Buswell and Dustin. They finished with a time of 1:04.1.

Senior Leevi Telfer came in second in shot put with a 44 foot, two inch throw. Ellens also got second in the 1,600 meter run clocked at 4:44.57.

Not only was Anderson part of a first place group finish, he also got second in two individual events and another relay event. Anderson ran the 100 meter run in 11.63 and the 200 meter run in 24.17. The 4×200 relay included Greiner, Van Wyk, sophomore Payton Strovers and Anderson. They finished in 1:37.31.

“I think the meet went good, the team worked well together and everyone ran their hardest. We have to keep working hard in practice and I think I did good, I could’ve done better but we all did good,” Anderson said.

Luke Greiner received a personal-best in the long jump. He ended with third place jumping 19 feet, 11.5 inches.

The next meet for the Mustang boys is tonight, April 27, at home. Field events begin at 4:30 p.m.