Boys varsity track takes silver

by Brady Fagen

On March 31, the PCM track team headed to Roland Story in seek of victory. They fell short of the Roland-Story Norsemen and placed second with 92.5 points.

“We had a lot of guys who set personal records. If we keep up the good work in practice we will see more personal achievements throughout the year.” senior Leevi Telfer said.

Junior Noah Anderson won the 200 in 23.28 with sophomore Preston Van Wyk right behind him in third with 24.10. Sophomore Cole Dustin took gold in the 110 hurdles with a time of 16.44. Senior Luke Greiner won the long jump with a leap of 18 feet, 3.5 inches. Sophomore Brayton VanDyke was in only an inch behind him, placing second with a jump of 18 feet, 2.5 inches. Senior Noah Clark won the discus with a throw of 144 feet, eight inches. The distance medley team of Greiner, sophomore Brayton VanDyke, Anderson and senior Chris Ellens. won, crossing the finish line at 4:00.15. Sophomores Nick Buswell, Nick Dredge and Jarron Trausch and Dustin crossed in first in the shuttle hurdle. They finished at 1:07.91.

Second place finishers were Van Wyk in the 100 dash with 11.71, Noah Henkenius in the 400 with 55.36, Dredge in the 400 hurdles crossing at 1:04.03. The 4×100 team of Greiner, Anderson, VanDyke and Van Wyk  finished at 45.76. Juniors Blake Lee and Brady North and freshmen Nigel Sperfslage and Connor Fagen made up the 4×800 team. They crossed at 9:48.78. The sprint medley team of Greiner, Anderson, Henkenius and Van Wyk finished at 1:43.49. Dustin jumped five feet, eight inches in the high jump. Leevi Telfer threw 43 feet, nine inches the shot put.

The Mustangs’ next meet is tomorrow, Friday, April 7 at Collins-Maxwell-Baxter. The meet will start at 4:30 p.m.