Mustangs shut out Rockets

by Brady Fagen

On Oct. 7, the PCM Mustang varsity football team faced the Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont Rockets for EBF’s homecoming game. Coming out on top was PCM. They beat the Rockets easily 49-0.

unnamed-4.jpgThe Mustangs’ offense was superior. Whenever they had the ball in their possession, they ran right past their opponent. Senior Sheldon Speers threw the ball for 238 yards, which resulted in four touchdowns. Those four touchdowns split evenly between senior Luke Greiner and sophomore Preston Van Wyk. Grenier had the longest touchdown of the night, receiving the ball for 65 yards. Two other touchdowns were carried into the end zone by sophomore Wes Cummings. His longest was a 38 yard carry.

PCM’s defense did not allow EBF’s offense to score a single point. The Mustangs’ defensive line was superb. They stopped the Rockets right in their tracks. One of the Mustangs’ defensive linemen, senior Leevi Telfer, had an interception and returned it all the way back for a nine yard touchdown.

“I was really impressed with the young players stepping up to fill in big shoes. Shout out to Leevi Telfer with the touchdown,” senior Clayton Welch said.

PCM continues to make it look easy. You can catch the PCM Mustangs at home on Oct. 14, to battle the Davis County Mustangs. Either way the Mustangs will win.