Mustangs get stampeded by Greene County

by Kinsey Phipps

As homecoming week approached, tension was high as the PCM varsity volleyball team strove to get a win at home on Sept. 20 versus the Greene Co. Rams. However, the Mustangs couldn’t pull out the win, getting defeated 3-0.

The first set started off slow, but the ‘Stangs fought back. It wasn’t enough, though, and the final score was 25-15 in the Rams’ favor.

Leading off the sets for the night was senior Kayla Jennings with six. The most digs of the night goes to senior Katie Vande Wall with three.

The second set was where PCM struggled the most, losing 25-12 to the Rams.

Vande Wall also takes the top spot for attacks on the night. She got three. As far as blocks go, senior Kaylee Townsend had the most solo blocks with three. Junior Regan Olson and sophomore Maddie Samson joined Townsend in assisted blocks, all raking in three each.

The final set of the night was the best for the Mustangs, but Green Co. still took the set 25-18.

Olson had seven out of eight serves on the night with one ace. Townsend had an ace, as well, going three for five on serves.

“We all thought that that was a very winnable game, and I know we all think we could’ve done better in certain areas. Because of this, I think we will work harder and strive to do better each match because we all know we are a better team than what we are proving,” Vande Wall said.

Join the Lady ‘Stangs on Tuesday, Oct. 4 at Gilbert High School against the Tigers. Varsity will play at 6:30 p.m.