Bathrooms bring inspiration: Could it be?

by Ryan Kohlhof

For a while now, some strange things have popped up in both the male and female restrooms, and it’s definitely not what you think it is.
Starting with the girls’ lavatory, a little after winter break, notes were found on the mirror saying things such as, “You’re beautiful“ and “Have a good day.” These notes were left on the mirror for a while but have since been removed. All that remains are questions. Who was writing those inspiring notes? Will there be more? Why were they removed?
The boys’ bathroom, on the other hand, contained something much different but carried a similar effect. There was a bit of a change in scenery from an abundance of lifeless white walls to something more expressively intricate. Above each urinal and on every stall door was posted student art. Senior Logan Littrell and a few other students decided to hang their art up in the bathrooms. The art varies from paintings of a giant toilet paper roll or a grape stem of many different colored grapes to a drawing of Gary the snail himself.
“It was just sort of a fun joke at first,” Littrell said. “But then I heard from a few people that they liked it, and it just seemed like a cool idea.”
Littrell and the others’ bathroom art has been a widely enjoyed occurrence, as many students have said they would like to see more of it hanging up in the bathrooms.
“Usually when you go to the bathroom, it’s just boring white walls everywhere,” senior Jade Morecock said. “Now there is art everywhere to look at, and it just changes your mood. I hope they keep putting up more art.”
To the question of will it remain, no one knows. There are those hoping it does. Maybe it will become a new tradition, or maybe it will just all wash away with the rest of the 2016 school year memories.