Sluggish start; No problem for Mustangs

by Tyler Foster

The PCM Mustangs boys’ varsity basketball team has had a fair share of success and struggle this season, all with the common goal of playing their best basketball come two weeks for the Class 2A playoffs. After weather postponed game on Tuesday, it was then moved to Thursday. A sluggish start against Saydel could have had them on the ropes of controlling their own destiny in the Heart of Iowa Conference Championship. Yet the Mustangs dominated the second half and pulled away with a 54-41 victory.
Senior Logan Gilman corralled his the troops in the second half and outscored the Eagles 26-9. After recently signing with Grand View University Gilman came out of the gate hot. Scoring the Mustangs’ first six points himself, he then continued on to finish with 24 points and six rebounds, which lead PCM statistically. Junior Luke Greiner followed behind, as he accounted for nine points and seven rebounds.
“We need to handle adversity for the most of the season. There are no more easy games that will just be handed to us. Every person on this team needs to show up and play if we are going to be successful.” said Greiner.
The Mustangs will play Greene County for their final regular season game of the year tomorrow, Feb. 12, at 7:30 p.m., in Jefferson.