Miller reaches 100 wins; Mustangs sweep competition

by Kinsey Phipps

Cleaning must be a talent of the PCM varsity wrestlers, because they swept the competition at the Jan. 26 quadrangular in Moravia. The Mustangs faced Van Buren, Central Decatur and Moravia. The grapplers defeated Van Buren 59-18, Central Decatur 63-12 and Moravia 53-21. Along with the victories, PCM also had another triumph, as junior Xavier Miller reached his 100 wins during the Moravia dual.
First, PCM faced Van Buren. The Mustangs had five forfeits, four falls and one tech fall in their favor. Among the pins were freshmen Lucas Roland, Wes Cummings and Jarron Trausch and senior Nathen Trausch. Roland and Cummings both had pins in the first period of their matches with times of 1:01 and 1:43, respectively. PCM defeated Van Buren 59-18.
Next, the Mustangs defeated Moravia 53-21. PCM had seven forfeits in their favor, including Miller, who earned his 100th win from accepting the forfeit. Roland had a tech fall over Logan Mitchell of Moravia, 16-1. The only fall PCM achieved was by freshman Chance Palm, who pinned his opponent in 21 seconds.
Last, PCM battled it out with Central Decatur and won 63-12. Again, the Mustangs had seven forfeits in their favor. PCM also had two pins, a tech fall and a major decision.
Join the Mustangs this Saturday, Feb. 6 to watch the wrestlers battle it out to qualify for Districts at the sectional tournament in Albia.