Community members give back with PCM Clothing Closet

by Kenzie Johnson

It’s winter time, which means cold temperatures. People start putting on their stocking caps, scarfs, winter coats, snow boots and gloves. What a lot of people don’t know is that some the community members don’t have access to these necessities. A new organization located in Prairie City at 801 W. Second Street is hoping to serve PCM School District communities with clothing to help kids out.
Community members, including Stacie Wagaman, Steph Stock, Jamie Steenhoek, Ava Telfer, Judy Sohn, Christy Lindsey, and many others have started the PCM Clothing Closet. The clothing closet right now contains winter clothing to give to the kids that need it. The schools can get into the closet during the day if needed, and it will be available when there are certain emergencies. People surrounding the community have dropped off and donated items to contribute to the cause.
“This closet is consisting of community members helping other community members,” Lindsey said.
Whenever there is a shortage of clothes or the closet needs to get information out, they will send out what they need on their Facebook page, called PCM Clothing Closet, and local newspapers. There aren’t anymore more drop-off dates coming up soon, and there isn’t a set schedule yet on future dates.
The closet isn’t just going to be open during the winter, but all year round. The items of clothing will change with the seasons.
If you are in need of anything, don’t be afraid to contact them, your pastor, or the school nurse. Make sure keep a lookout out for future needs of the closet if you are looking to help out the community.

View Comments (2)