Water fountain gets an upgrade

Water fountain gets an upgrade

by Drew Johnson

Did you know the average person can survive up to three weeks without food, but only three days without water?
PCM recently upgraded one of their old water fountains with an EZ Water Station. This high-tech piece of equipment allows students to fill their bottles with ease.
The EZ Water Station has an attachment that allows users to fill your water bottle by placing it next to a sensor. The sensor then tells the water that it’s time to be released, much like the water cascading from a waterfall.
“The new fountain makes it easier for kids to fill up their water bottles before games. The old one was broken anyway, so we thought we would just upgrade it instead of replacing it,” said Director of Operations Jeff Shannon.
“I think it’s exciting that we are replacing outdated equipment with more modern equipment instead of band-aiding things back together,” Shannon said.
The students agree about the new water fountain. Junior Zach Read said, “It’s pretty cool,” and Freshman Camryn Wignall said, “I think it’s pretty nice. I think adding another one would be awesome.”
Wignall’s dreams might just come true, because Shannon has plans for more.
“I’d like to get a couple more, too. One would be by the wrestling room, and the other would be in the locker room hall at the middle school.” Shannon said.
For many years, PCM has been in the dark when it came to water fountain technology, but now they have stepped into the modern age where the EZ Water Station reigns supreme.