What is Health Advocacy Day all about

Sophomore+student+at+Crisis+Canines+of+the+Midland+Booth+during+Health+Advocacy+Day+
Sophomore student at Crisis Canines of the Midland Booth during Health Advocacy Day

Health Advocacy Day is an opportunity for students and possibly even staff, to connect with the surrounding physical and mental health resources. Physical and mental health are a huge factor in having a strong mindset and foundation to work off of every single day. Without that strong mindset and foundation, reaching your full potential is an extravagant task. So to help the students and staff of PCM with possible health issues they may be having, organizations that specialize in these fields are being brought in to help configure an army of resources to create a community of healthy support for our friends, family and most importantly, ourselves. Health Advocacy Day will be on Friday, April 5th. These are the 34 organizations that will be present and ready to help:

American Lung Association, Birthright of Knoxville, Capstone Behavioral Healthcare, Central Iowa Community Services, Clive Behavioral Health, Community Support Advocates, Crisis Canines of the Midland, Crisis Intervention Services, Des Moines Pride Center, Discover Hope 517, Employee and Family Resources, Every Step Grief and Loss. Eyerly Ball, Family Crisis Center, Heart and Solutions, Heartland Christian Counseling, House of Mercy, I’m Glad You Stayed Project, Inside Out, Integrative Counseling Services, Mercy One Newton, NAMI Central Iowa, Orchard Place, Prairie City Escape Wellness Center, Primary Health Care, Project Recovery Iowa, Rock In Prevention, SATUCI, Sheepgate, South Central Iowa Narcotics Anonymous, Steps of Hope, YMCA – Newton, Your Life Iowa, & YSS