Leave a Comment
Top five things to do in Iowa during summer
May 7, 2023
- Iowa State Fair. The fairgrounds are located in Des Moines, Iowa. The Iowa State Fair is known for its corn dogs and being the biggest state fair in the entire USA. People from around the state come to the state fair to stay at the campgrounds and have fun. They have many things to do like live concerts and sky gliders.
- Adventureland. Adventureland is a theme park that is located in Altoona, Iowa. It has over 100 rides, many different stands and concessions, a lot of games and even an arcade and they’re all water park Adventure Bay. They even have their own small train that goes around the park.
- Honey Creek Resort. Located by Rathbun Lake, Honey Creek has many different activities like fishing, water obstacle course, and swimming. They also have an indoor water park and they have cabins you can rent and they have a beach.
- The Blank Park Zoo. located in Des Moines. The Blank Park Zoo is one of the only places in Iowa where you can see tropical birds, fish and exotic animals. You can find the birds in their aviary. And they have many fish tanks with many types of fish. They also have some reptiles like snakes and lizards. And like Adventureland, they have a train that goes around the park.
- Next up is Lake Red Rock.There are two sides of Red Rock split down the middle by a hydroelectric dam. One size for fishing and camping. The other side is for swimming and boating. And during low tide, there can be some beaches. Where you can swim and fish.