PCM posts high finish at EBF

by Gunnar Davis

The PCM boys’ track team kicked off a meet-filled week at Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont on April 28. They couldn’t have asked for a better finish, as only one team beat them. The Mustangs finished second out of seven teams with 89 points.
In the field events, senior Skyler Koder placed second in the high jump with a bound of 6-02. Senior Connor Warrick placed third in the shot put with a heave of 42-03.5, and fellow senior Ricky Reeve placed third in the long jump with a leap of 19 feet even.
Koder was a part of both of the two first-place finishes for the Mustangs. He won the 110-high hurdles with a new personal-best time of 15.98, and he anchored the shuttle hurdle relay team consisting of Reeve, senior Luke Pendroy and junior Austin Sneller. That team crossed the line at 1:02.69.
PCM had two more third-place finishes as well. Freshman Noah Anderson placed third in the 400-meter dash with a time of 55.2. The 4×400 team of Anderson, Sneller, junior Tyler Dredge and senior Maverick McAtee also placed third with their time of 3:47.6.
“Tuesday’s night meet was a great one,” Head Coach Collin Harrison said. “Anytime you can come out with a second-place finish, it means you were doing something right. We have steadily been improving as the year has went on, and it is starting to show.”