Spring Show success

by Ashley Miller

With their pompoms ready and palms sweating, the PCM Dance Team prepared for their Spring Show on March 14. They did a Pom routine with a “Frozen”/ice theme, a Hip Hop routine and the same Jazz routine they did for State Drill Team. They also did a Co-ed and Dad’s Dance at the Spring Show.
Over the past few years, they have taken Prop and Co-ed to State, but this season the team choose to take a Jazz routine. The Spring Show solos were done by seniors Taylor Phifer and Ashlyn Breckenridge, junior Samantha Rosonke and sophomore Kelsie DeHaai.
The morning of Spring Show, they held a K-8 clinic for the younger girls in the community. During the day of the show, the team ate, warmed up and got ready as a team. That night they greeted the other teams and audience members as they came into the show. They did all of their dances, along with the clinic routines and other teams’ routines.
“We all were there for the same reason… To dance. I loved being a part of the team we had this year and being able to connect with underclassmen that I had never danced with before,” Breckenridge said.
“The show went really well. We had a good turnout,and overall, it was very successful,” Coach Morgan Steenhoek said.
Two seniors will be graduating this spring, leaving the team behind.
“I will miss the girls on the team and the coaches,” Breckenridge said. “I will also miss all the fun we had as a team and at competitions.” As advice to the team, Breckenridge added, “Girls, leave it all on the floor and make them remember you. Smile and have fun.”
Phifer, the team’s other senior said, “I think we did a great job this year, and our Spring Show turned out really well,” Phifer said.
“I would like to say that the four years I’ve spent on the team have been some of the best times of my life. I’ve made a lot of memories with those girls that I will have forever. I’m going to miss all of them,” she said.
“This year I think we did awesome. We had a lot of competition at State and placed well alongside the great competition. This year’s Spring Show was one of my favorites with the team,” Breckenridge said.
Both of the seniors plan to continue their dancing careers in college. Breckenridge plans on doing dance clubs in college at ISU, and Phifer will be trying out for the Grand View Dance Team this coming April.