PCM’s fall play turned musical

PCM High School is holding their annual fall play again this year. This year it’s a musical. It’s a musical you might’ve heard of, Grease. Directing the musical will be Samantha Pohl and Chloe McCartney.

The reason for doing to a musical this year is because “It was the right time to have a musical with the group of kids we have,” said co-director Pohl. “I think it’s exciting with an electric environment.”

McCartney, who is the choir teacher at PCM, said, “It was just time to do a collaboration.”

The co-directors are expecting some rather large crowds at the shows. They said this year that they plan on selling tickets days before the show instead of first-come, first-served. They are hoping that they won’t need to turn anyone away from seeing their production.

“Everyone likes to hear something they know,” said McCartney. She believes, “people will be like ‘wow! I want to go see that.”

The duo said that the students this year are very excited and very prepared. “A lot of kids already know the songs and dances.” There are currently 39 kids out for the musical that are acting. They are planning to fill out their backstage rolls soon. The leads this year are Carson Clark and Sloan Hjortshoj. Clark will be playing the role of Danny and alongside him will be Hjortshoj playing as Sandy.

Clark said, “I’m very excited for Grease because it’s such a popular movie and musical. It’s an honor to play Danny Zuko.”

They say that the audience should be expecting a great show this year. It’ll contain all of the classic songs that everybody who has watched Grease knows. There will be some minor changes in some scenes and songs though.

“The audience needs to prepared for an amazing show, but it is Grease the school version, so it might be not be exactly like Grease the movie,” says Pohl.

Grease will be showing on Nov. 9-11.