PCM FFA sends two to Districts

by Ashley Miller

FFA is something you rarely hear about at PCM, but they are still out there competing and making a name for themselves. At FFA Sub-Districts on Feb. 15, two PCM members received gold and are moving on to district. Two other groups received gold but are not moving on, three received silver and one bronze.

Freshman Alexis Dross and sophomore Allison Wood are the two PCM FFA members moving onto Districts. Dross received gold in Creed Speaking and Allison in Extemporaneous Speaking.

“Going into the extemporaneous speaking contest with no idea of what I was walking into, and coming out with a gold made me feel accomplished,” Wood said. “I can’t wait to see what Districts has in store for me.”

In Individual Agriculture Sales, junior Brady North received gold and will be an alternate to district.

Freshmen Gavin Branderhorst, Jace Smith, Regan Freland, Gabe Steenhoek, Hailey Schutte, Kate McCarthy and Sierra Foster were awarded silver in Conduct of Meetings. They are also an alternate for district.

Sophomores Clay VanWyk and Kaeden VanSoelen both received silver in Job Interview and Radio Broadcasting, respectively. Chapter and Greenhand Quiz members freshmen Owen Hugen, Cooper Vandelune, Gabbi Vanbaale, Natalie Smith, Caleb Geer and Kolby Schakel got silver as well.

The only bronze was freshman Blake VanderDerKamp in Prepared Public Speaking.

Districts is Saturday, March 4 at Centerville.